Called To Serve

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 1st


   Me and Sister Barton are the only ones that live in the apartment. We live at a members home, her name is Sister S. She is such a nice lady. We love her!  The part we live in is above the garage, so the extended part from the house. We had fast sunday too and we forgot to fast also hah but we had speakers and a special musical number by Sister Hancock and Sister Barton haha.It was a awesome sacrament meeting and me and my companion sang He Sent His Son! I guess i am a singer now.. not really haha we had lots of people say we sounded like angels haha.

 For our mission plan for the members, each auxiliary prays for 5 less active names to contact     and they ask them if they have a testimony, if they plan on coming back to church and if they say no or yes to both questions you ask the last question, will you take lessons from the missionaries? So you guys could try that!
Our 2 investigators on date are doing great! And we are trying to find more people! We do have a potential family. The husband is a less active member. His wife and her daughter are the ones we want to teach. The daughter wants to be baptized. We are just trying to get a time to meet with them. You can pray for that.

    O and about the goodfellows,  a lady in our ward knows them. I saw her wedding invitation on the her fridge and i asked her how she knew them. So that is pretty cool.

    My Easter Sunday I woke up and opened the presents my mom sent me and went to church, talked to people and had dinner at a members home!  It was a good day! We also had both our investigators there and about 10 less actives! Kinda weird having my first holiday away from home but it was good:)

     This week I got to go to Eugene on Wednesday because my companion went to the temple. So I spent the day with the sisters there! It was really fun being with them! I hope I serve there sometime. They serve in the college ward, so that would be really fun!! Eugene is so different from Florence. Florence is a much smaller town and there isn't much around.

Time goes by so fast! I feel like I just had p day and now it is our last week before transfers and my companion is going home to good old Idaho Falls! It is crazy!! She leaves April 9! I'm kinda nervous leading the area with my new companion. I'm sad Sister Barton is leaving but it will be a good and exciting change for her and for me. So this week is going to be full and busy! I'm really excited for conference!!

    Well I hope you have a great first week of April!! I hope you liked the pictures! I love you very much!! I hope your reading and praying with Dad! It is never too late to start. I love you!!
XOXO
SISTER HANCOCK

No comments:

Post a Comment