Called To Serve

Saturday, June 22, 2013

May 20



Transfers were today... i am staying in Florence for another 6 weeks and who knows maybe another. Sister Payne is also staying! i have been in Florence for 3 and 1/2 months. it is weird to think that one day i will be serving somewhere else in Oregon. Florence just feels like home now. 

This week was a great week! We have been teaching this girl who just turned 8 last week. Her dad is a member and her mom is not. We are also teaching the mom. But A the girl really wanted to be baptized and so we just went over the lessons with her. Her baptism was this past Saturday! She was so excited and we had one of our investigatiors there to see what it is all about and get a little taste. It was a great service.

This week I recieved another confirmation that this is where I need to be, serving my Heavenly Father. I was reading in the November 2012 Ensign about President Monson's announcement of the age change for missionaries. I am here because of that announcement. I never thought at age 19 I would be serving a mission. It made me realize even more how much i just want to lose myself in the work. I came on a mission to forget about myself and serve my loving Heavenly Father. One of the desires of my heart is to truly lose myself in the work. I desire to have an eye single to the glory of God. Doing so everything else will become secondary. Me and Sister Payne are not perfect and no one is. Elder Nelson said, "Be patient with yourself. Perfection doesn't come in this life, but the next.." 

Last night we had dinner with some members, the Floods. They were baptized in 2011! They are the greatest converts ever!! The converts every missionary wants to have! It is so amazing to see the result of someone being baptized. They were able to go through the temple last year and were able to go to the sealing of their daughter a few months later. They gave me hope and reminded me again, why I am here. They are so happy and they are a forever family! It is so special!! The gospel of Jesus Christ is so special. I can't believe I am here doing this. I am a missionary. 

Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment