Called To Serve

Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30


Hello Momma Dear!!

     This week has been full with so many things!! Tuesday evening the trainers started training. We have it at the mission home.  It is a really neat experience to be there and with all of these great missionaries. The sisters got to stay tuesday night at the mission home.  It was fun having all of us being able to chat with President and Sister Young.  Wednesday morning all the trainers work out together.  President handed me the van keys to drive all the sisters down. You can tell dad that President trusted me to drive a big van that they were renting!   I guess i am a good driver now! haha  I was pretty excited!  We headed over to the stake gym to play some dodgeball! The rest of the day was more training and waiting for the new missionaries to arrive at the stake center.

      I got my new companion.  Sister Hillner!  She is awesome!  She is from Arizona and is also 19. She is doing great and I am so proud of her. So grateful that I am her companion and get to learn from her. We  have had a really good week!! Mariah's baptism was on Sunday!! It went really well. We had a lot of non members attend and I was so proud of Sister Hillner.  She did amazing as we taught the people The Restoration.  She spoke with power and the members are so shocked that she has been out for just 5 days!!  A man came up to the two of us after the baptism and asked us if there was any nonmembers here? He then said well go get them because that was amazing! His name is Brother Shultz, who was a former general authority and mission president.  That meant a lot as he expressed how he felt as we taught. The Elders are teaching Mariah's 3 nonmember friends that came to her baptsim tonight.  We have received lots of referrals and we are going to be teaching lots of people it looks like soon.  Really excited for this transfer!!

 I hope you have a great week! Tell everyone hi and I love them very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment