Called To Serve

Monday, August 25, 2014

April 7, 2014

Family and Friends! 
     Grateful that we could listen to our wonderful inspired Prophets and Apostles! Their words were truly inspiring. This whole week for me has been very inspiring,motivating and with lot of change occurring. Yesterday, watching the choir sing, I couldn't help but think how grateful I am to be a member of this church. Two of our investigators watched the Sunday morning session and I loved looking over at them seeing their expressions. They were like little kids in a candy store! This is something they have never seen or experienced in their life. They loved their experience and grateful we could be a part of it with them. 
     What really stood out to me with conference was the message of being a disciple of Christ and what that really means. That this life on earth is really short and what we do with our lives matters.One of my favorite quotes that was said was by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, He says "How much do we miss of life waiting for the rainbow, when we could be grateful for the rain.... Endings are not our destiny... There are never endings, just everlastings." I love those words so much. I have been thinking a lot of how I can be a better missionary. What more I can do. This brought me a lot of comfort in knowing that this mission I am serving is not just a beginning or ending. That I can follow the words of our beloved Prophet "May we resolve to do a little better." The more I can do is to be a little better each day and strive to do as the Savior would. One of my companions, Sister Clive said to me last night, "We are representing Christ." I am grateful for that calling that I have to be His representative. Love you all so much!!
Love,
Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment