Called To Serve

Monday, August 25, 2014

May 12, 2014

Family and Friends!
Hope all you grandmas, moms, future moms had a wonderful Mother's Day!
It is the highest noblest calling. Grateful for each of you and your examples. If you haven't watched the video about motherhood, you can pull it up on my Facebook or go to motherhood.mormon.org. "It was, and is and will always be mom."

This morning during my studies I was reading 'Love—the Essence of the Gospel,' By President Monson. It was an amazing talk. Loved how it applied to something a friend emailed to me today. We all have fears in our lives but in 1 John 4 it teaches us that perfect love casteth out all fear. A fear of mine is having regrets and President Monson talks about keeping the first and great commandment and about regrets of not being kind to others. He says, "We cannot truly love God if we
do not love our fellow travelers on this mortal journey. Likewise, we cannot fully love our fellowmen if we do not love God, the Father of us all... Usually our love will be shown in our day-to-day interactions one with another. All important will be our ability to
recognize someone’s need and then to respond. I have always cherished the sentiment expressed in the short poem:

I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind."

We will never regret being too kind. We all can be a little kinder, extend our helping hand a little further and lift those who are unable to stand on their own. I desire to be His hands in all that I do by remembering that LOVE should always be the motive. Think about how you can be Christ's hands.

Love you all so much!

Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment