Called To Serve

Sunday, August 24, 2014

DECEMBER 16, 2013

Family and Friends!!
  I soon will be leaving this week and will be transferred! My companion arrives from the MTC Wednesday and we will be headed to Central Point 4th ward. It is about 3 hours away from Eugene and a little bit colder. And it doesn't rain as much there ha! More like Utah weather!
  The transfers keep getting harder and harder to leave. It has been much harder than leaving home. I have grown to love this area so much and all the people my companions and I were able to serve. I am so grateful that I was able to serve in the Eugene YSA ward as long as I have. It has been such a blessing for me to be able to serve in this special area for 6 months! I am so grateful for the miracles that I have witnessed, the many memories that have been made, being with the members, and so much more! I love this area so much! I have grown the most here and I am so grateful for the lives that I have been able to influence. I was reading a talk called "When You Save a Girl, You Save Generations." I loved this quote, "Your righteous choices will qualify you to make and keep sacred covenants that will bind you family together eternally." And another one by Robert Hales says, "If the example we have received from our parents was not good, it is our responsibility to break the cycle... and teach correct traditions for the generations that follow." I loved both of these quotes so much! I have been able to witness both of these things on my mission and especially here in the Eugene YSA ward. I am so grateful for that opportunity and look forward to the miracles that await in Central Point. Love you all!! Thank you for all your Christmas Wishes!! 
Xoxo
Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment