Called To Serve

Monday, August 25, 2014

February 10th, 2014

Not only was it a great day but a great week. We are so blessed in this area. Things are progressing day-by-day and week-by-week. We were able to attend the temple on Wednesday and I know we were blessed for going. Loved the new video so much! It is what I needed. Saturday I was on exchanges with Sister McCleary in her area. So it was really fun to be there for the day. My companion Sister Bohannon planned a surprise lunch for Mr. T. at his favorite place, Chipotle. That was really sweet of her to get all the sisters together for lunch. President and Sister Young called that morning to wish me a happy birthday and told Sister McCleary to call our dinner appointment and tell them that it was my birthday. So we get to the dinner appointment and they had a wonderful dinner prepared and a cake made with ice cream and sang. It was really sweet of them. What made it the best birthday ever was that I am a missionary and was able to share the gospel and help bring happiness to others. I know I will always remember my 20th birthday. It was something really special. 
I have been blessed along with 17 other missionaries to be trained on how to use iPads to further the work; to be more efficient and productive. Really fulfilling our purpose. So today sister Lesuser and I are in Eugene for that training. I am actually typing on my iPad right now... A lot of us are sitting in the chapel emailing Haha it is crazy! But really exciting the Lord has trusted us with this tool. 
         I hope you have a great week. We too fasted for rain and snow and The Lord is answering our prayers. It has been raining and in Eugene to Portland area it snowed 12 inches. It is amazing what a simple prayer can really do. Hope you have a chance to go to the temple soon. 

Love you :)

Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment